Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm new glad to be hear! Love the site, anyways I wanted to join the chat but when I would click the chat button up above it wouldn't load up for me. Any thoughts? Chats from other forums work for me....Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
You have to go to the site and register a name, password and make sure the software used is up to date. Just click on the everwhere link and you can get signed up. It took me a couple tries to figure that out, but don't worry. Its worth it:)

·
Registered
215 Posts
You have to accept the chatspace cookie ...then it takes awhile to load the java script. There is a way to log in with a chat client but I forget the location information.
___
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Also, make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Let us know if you need help with that.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just installed mac OS 10.3 and tried to open APC java chat with safari. It seems all messed up, a small 1 inch box opens and its non functional. Explorer works just fine tho. Anyone else have this problem?
___
Jeff

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I have Mac OS 9.2 and, with Netscape 7.0, I get a message that says : Java.lang.ArrayindexOutOFBoundsException
0>=1

I have to click on this about five times, and then I get a blank screen with no image of the chat dialogue box.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can get into chat using IE on OS9 (office Mac). On my home Mac's OSX, the chat works with IE but not Safari..... the Safari seems to have broader problems with certain sites requiring Javascript - I have ticked in the Preferences box: accept java applets, but it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
O/S 10 IRC Clients

Colloquy

Snak

We use Snak internally at Apple. I have no idea on how to set either one up as Apple's IT staff provided a customized version of Snak with all the settings already configured.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts