Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm Angela and I've been lurking around since I started planting my tanks last spring. I live in Wisconsin (USA), a bit north of Milwaukee. No, I don't like the Packers, or even football for that matter.

I had been keeping bettas in bowls for a couple of years until two years ago when I discovered African Dwarf Frogs and got hooked on tanks. Unfortunately, I can't big tanks because I live in an apartment. I started planting my tanks after I learned more about my animals and decided to use them as my "ecology outlet." I have degrees in Biology and Environmental Science but I am only using the Biology degree for work. Too many problems with E.S. work opportunities (like a distinct lack of permanent or decent paying jobs), and I missed working with plants and animals.

My current tanks are a 2.5 gallon betta tank, 5.5 gallon male guppy/ADF tank, and a 10 gallon tank with way too many fish including the female guppies, zebra danios, and cories. My plants are mainly Crypt. wendtii, Anubias nana, Aponogeton sp., and some kind of Echinodorus that has adapted itself to my 5.5 gallon tank. I'm pretty much learning as I go.

Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome!

I think it is safe to say that we are all learning as we go! :lol: Don't hesitate to ask questions here, as there are lots of knowledgeable folks willing to help out.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Welcome Angela,
I am a Packer fan, though I live in Florida and have never been to Wisconsin. They were winning when I was growing up (I date myself). You'll find lots of info and help here.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome Angela!
Living in Minnesota we always have the Packer/Viking's jokes floating back and forth. Like you, I'm not a football fan, so whatever they say just bounces off me. :)

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Angela, welcome to APC :)

You will learn a lot here and I'm sure that with your biology degree that you will have a lot to offer also.

I'm a football fan and the Packers is one of the teams that I pull for, but my #1 team of course is the Panthers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts