Well I have been using the yeast sugar method of DIY CO2. Was working well but as you'll come to find out about myself, "I can do better"! So I decided to use the jello method. Not sure whether it was impatience, lack of attention or just plain miscalculation but I now have A LOT of white stuff in my tank. The stuff that shows up on wooden diffusers when you use CO2 (not sure what it is). The good news is it killed ALL the algae in my tank with the exception of the green spot. None of my fish seem phased (as of yet and there are ottos in there). My plants are somewhat covered with the film so I did a 30% waterchange. Will do another tomorrow. Had to change my filter inserts as they were very slimy and covered with the stuff. My plants seem to be ok so I will just take it one day at a time to see what happens.