Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your flood is on grand proportions in the nano world, I had no idea that Drosera could survive underwater! what did you do to prepare the plants, trim the leaves or just let the flood rain down? I like your experiment! Keep us updated:D

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have heard that using upholstery foam will clear water fast, but it needs cleaned very often. How often do you rinse your foam to keep the flow up?

I really like carnivorous plants, but I am to scared to try them because everything I read states that they are to demanding to keep indoors. You are braking the rule of thumb! :p

·
Registered
341 Posts
That Utricularia is growing nuts! You will have a tank full in no time! Are Drosera plants the ones that trap bugs with sticky leaves? I wonder how it would survive under water, maybe bright light alone will keep it growing?

This is one cool tank! Every time I go fishing I collect different terrestrial pipeworts and whatnot, and chuck 'em in my tank. A few plants are growing slowly or barely hanging on, but time will tell. I think Cavan is dead on about quite a few terrestrial plants being able to survive submersed, we just have to test them in a healthy aquarium to find out. I am about to order some plastic pots with coco liner so I can dig up a few samples of terrestrial 'weeds' and pot them up, keeping the roots and native soil intact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.