Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
7,423 Posts
Very interesting. Are you adding co2 at all? Even without it, the Utricularias are growing? I'll bet there are lot of the so-called terrestrial species that can grow just fine submerged. There's a local one here that would be nice to try if I can ever find it!

·
Administrator
7,423 Posts
Do you have any collection information for the U. livida? It's a very widespread species and it's certainly possible that not all populations are suitable. Knowing would be interesting in any case.

·
Administrator
7,423 Posts
Well, we found some U. geminiscapa, but I doubt anybody will be beating down any doors for it. U. cornuta is almost sure to grow submersed, but it apparently has some rather specific habitat requirements (acidic bogs). I know of a place where it might be found near where I am, but that will have to wait of course. That's probably one that could be found through carnivorous plant channels as well, but isn't it more fun to find it yourself? :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.