Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm jealous again. I hope that you brought a few back to put into culture.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Man those don't look anything like C.nurii leaves but the spathe is spot on nurii. Great find and thanks for sharing. Was there anything special about the location where this mutant occurred?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I followed up this post in your blog wherein you mentioned that you thought that this patch of C.nurii was particularly exposed to sunlight. How common is it for Crypts to exhibit chronic photoinhibition aka light bleaching? If crypts do sometimes suffer from too much light is this what they would look like?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I followed up this post in your blog wherein you mentioned that you thought that this patch of C.nurii was particularly exposed to sunlight. How common is it for Crypts to exhibit chronic photoinhibition aka light bleaching? If crypts do sometimes suffer from too much light is this what they would look like?
Yes, most of the mutated Nuriis are found exposed to sunlight but i do found some smaller patches growing in shaded area as well. I may ignore the different appearance of the leaves are caused by the substrate or nutrients but in dept details study are needed to give the exact answer.

Base on my experience, i do have a tank filled with auriculata unintentionally placed under direct sunlight, the plant got full Malaysia morning sunlight. Few months after, the syndrome of chronic photoinhibition is notifiable, but the leaves turned pale without the pink veins.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wow, what a beautiful stand of plants. If it weren't for the flower, I'd say it was 'Rosanervig'. I know a few folks here in the US that will love to add that to their collections. :D

Cheers.
Jim

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would love to add "Rosanervig nurii" to my collection. However I believe the appearance of these plants is likely due to the influence of one or more environmental factors.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
I've also seen this mutation in Crypt minima. Someone was selling it on Aquabid last year for $250 USD. Needless to say I didn't want one that badly.

Nice find!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've also seen this mutation in Crypt minima. Someone was selling it on Aquabid last year for $250 USD. Needless to say I didn't want one that badly.
Nice find!
Yeah, for $250 they can keep it. It kind of reminds me of when people sell vivid, bleached corals which will likely die for a premium just because they look so bright.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts