Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,:D:D:D

Just to share with you my 15 gal. tank, which setup on 25th. of June 2008.

Tank size: 60cm x 30cm x 30cm.
Lighting: 54 watt PL.
Fertilization using flourish excel.
Plants: Anubias nana, windelov, java moss, willow moss, java fern, bacopa, hairgrass, suesswassertang

Rescape tank: everything taken out from the tank and rearranged the the DW.
Make it looks like a fallen tree and have moss tie on it. Add some JBL fertilizer tablets into
the soil when reused it.:hat:

The completed setup picture on 25-06-80.

Picture taken today and can see where the plants thriving after 1 month plus.

Left side view. but don't know why the nana have brown stain on the leave.

Right side view.

You may give some comments or criticizes on the tank so that I may improve my scape.:welcome:
This tank is only 1 and 1/2 months old. Intend to have it low tech.

The fallen log with surround plants.

The crs shrimps found in the tank.

Hope you enjoy it, thanks for any advise.:cheer2:

·
Registered
256 Posts
i like your tank looks very comforting.should look really cool when it fills in.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
The brown "stains" is indeed diatom algae. It's easy to get rid of it with some otto cats, nerite snails or small plecos.

I really like the natural feel of your aquascape. It's very peaceful.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Very pretty scape!... I like the way the fallen tree makes a bridge across the stream.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The brown "stains" is indeed diatom algae. It's easy to get rid of it with some otto cats, nerite snails or small plecos.

I really like the natural feel of your aquascape. It's very peaceful.
Hi AaronT, thanks for your encouraging words. You know any idea what causes my plants to have diatom, I will try and prevent it from coming back again. Meantime, I will put in 2 otos to help clean up. I have a few crs shrimps in the tank, will the otos attack my shrimps or must I move the shrimps out from the tank? Thanks in advance for the help.:help:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very pretty scape!... I like the way the fallen tree makes a bridge across the stream.
Hi Trenac,

I'm glad that you like it, usually the fallen tree in the wild jungle will left unattended and form log which have mosses grown over it. If the pathway in the picture;) that convert to river will be must pretty look. I am waiting for the plants grow wild and densely, more to a jungle view than have it in the river view. Thanks and have a nice day.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am glad that HelgyMatt and AaronT for giving advised to use otos fish to clean up the brown diatom algae. I went to my nearest LFS and only have this otos. This Otocinclus Affinis are very hard working, didn't rest and just keep working since the moment I put them in the tank. Hahaha.:D

Look at them cleaning my plants. LOL

Can see the Otocinclus Affinis clearing up the algae.

The result satisfy me and I going to keep them in this tank as my working pal.:third:

It's really work for cleaning up algae. Hope you enjoy viewing.:yo:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hi Inareverie85 and info scavenger, and Cah925 thanks for your good comments and hope to learn from the members here in this forum.
Most of the time when I sat aside to admire the scene in this tank and felt the tranguil, calm and quiet. The moments came in mind, why not name it " The Nature Park". Anyway see what I can improve, cheers.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very nice. Wish the park around here looked that cared for. lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts