Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone in the Lansing, MI area would like to attend a club organizational meeting, let me know. I really should make this a Sunday night, but if there are any "must haves" or "absolutely nots" that are on your schedule, please post here or PM me. We will be meeting in the next couple weeks, possibly at Preuss Animal House (in Haslett) after the store closes at 6.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
What would this meeting be based on? All ages, or certain age? I would kind of feel young if I was talking with a couple older people >_<.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Jdinh04 said:
What would this meeting be based on? All ages, or certain age? I would kind of feel young if I was talking with a couple older people >_<.
Heh, I might show up. I'm only 22. I can bring some cuttings to donate for a small auction to raise money for the club.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Error said:
Heh, I might show up. I'm only 22. I can bring some cuttings to donate for a small auction to raise money for the club.
I'm only 14 ;), we should indeed do some type of auction. I mean I don't have all that great plants(variety wise), but i'm sure someone will need something that I have.

I also have a bunch of junk that I wanna get rid of, containing: filters, air pumps, etc ...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This next meeting is just an organizational one to get ideas, exchange email addresses, etc. I figured we'd meet at my house to chat and then go to a restaurant afterward or something, so I don't think there are going to be enough people or time for an auction... I wasn't thinking of any more than about a dozen people. If you guys want to bring baggies and extra plants for trade, that's cool, but I don't think we'll work on getting together anything structured for a couple months... you have to remember my position in the store, too. I will search each person who enters my house for a fish net, though... if I realize any of my rarer fish are gone, someone's gonna pay. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
C_perugiae said:
. I will search each person who enters my house for a fish net, though... if I realize any of my rarer fish are gone, someone's gonna pay. :)
Hmmm guess I won't be getting any new rainbows anytime soon then huh?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
C_perugiae said:
This next meeting is just an organizational one to get ideas, exchange email addresses, etc. I figured we'd meet at my house to chat and then go to a restaurant afterward or something, so I don't think there are going to be enough people or time for an auction... I wasn't thinking of any more than about a dozen people. If you guys want to bring baggies and extra plants for trade, that's cool, but I don't think we'll work on getting together anything structured for a couple months... you have to remember my position in the store, too. I will search each person who enters my house for a fish net, though... if I realize any of my rarer fish are gone, someone's gonna pay. :)
Wow I didn't expect to meet at a resturant or anything of that sort. Never thought about the fish net idea, that would be horrible to steal fish.

Edit: Sarah, thinking about getting a website up?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Krista's husband is probably going to help us out with that... my boyfriend also has his own website and has lots of cool ideas, so yes, we will have a site in the next couple months.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you all about meeting times. I heard Mid Michigan Reef Club was going to have a meeting soon, so I was holding my breath; I wanted to attend because one of my cowokers is doing a presentation about coral feeding and it sounded really good. That meeting finally has a date... it's April 3rd. I'm trying to work around that, so I have a couple of dates in mind. Again, this will be at my house in the evening (parking sucks, I'm sorry) and we'll probably just jabber about ideas for this club, since Krista and I get too tangential to get anything done when we get together.

I work on Thursday-Sunday, so evenings then would be really tough. I'm open Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, so I was kinda thinking about getting together during the week next week or the week after. Here are some dates:
March 29, 30
April 5, 6, 17 (sunday)

Let me know what you think. PM me or post on here...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, I'm done waiting for input. April 10th... Krista and John, how does that sound? I'll email my other people tonight, too. Steve (Krista knows him) has given the okay, as well as Tim (one of my coworkers).

I was kinda thinking about getting together to chat about the club in general, but also holding a group aquascaping session, so everyone can practice on a tank while discussing their ideas. My 50B is looking a little unholy, so I figured he'd be a good candidate. Let me know what you think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts