Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That is a beautiful tank,well done!

How do you make the rotalla green to be spilled like that?is it anything to do with dense planting?or maybe
kind of trimming?

Dror.
The Rotala green take that form with good light, much CO2 and a little of love hehe

it isn´t kind of trimming.. it is good conditions..

Regards

· Registered
73 Posts
I guess you right..that's the answer i thought i well get..

I never had a problem growing this plant he always looks good and healthy,
but never so stocky and short.he start "falling down" only after he gets to the surface...and I'm using 1W/L
Your version is much more impressive.

So what we use to call good conditions..can be tricky sometimes;)

Dror.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I guess you right..that's the answer i thought i well get..

I never had a problem growing this plant he always looks good and healthy,
but never so stocky and short.he start "falling down" only after he gets to the surface...and I'm using 1W/L
Your version is much more impressive.

So what we use to call good conditions..can be tricky sometimes;)

Dror.
What lamps do you use?
what age are they?
how much CO2?

i has Rotala "green" in another two tanks, and the watts are the same like this, but it grows better in this tank.. i think it depends of lamps and CO2
another difference is nitrates.. in this tank i has more than the other two

sorry about my poor english

· Registered
73 Posts
Thank you Pereiro,sorry for stealing the focus from your beautiful aquarium..your english is fine,mine is terrible:icon_hang that's why I'm hardly active in this forum..

-I'm useing fluorescent T8=6*18=108W+T5=2*24=48W=156W+reflectors.they are all new and the tank is 120L and only 40cm high.
-Co2 i have more then enough,for sure.i know cause all the sensitive fishes/shrimps could'nt stand it and they are no longer with us:(

As i allways suspected something wrong with my fert..it's confusing since everything seems to be OK(except for this rotala)

Im usually keep nitrat 5-10,you think that's the issue??shuold i raise it up?

Dror.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.