Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Site Is V-E-R-Y__ S-L-O-W!!

The last couple of days I have noticed that the response time of this site is very slow. It doesn't matter if I use Firefox or Internet Explorer, the response time to see a new page is very slow (four or more times longer than it used to be). I have received blank pages with many reponses from both browsers stating that the site is not responding.

I didn't have this problem until the "relocation" to new servers. Is anyone else having this problem?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Re: The Site Is V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W!!!!

Yep.

I'm a but concerned for a couple of reasons.

1. I payed for membership a few months ago and now the benefits are going away.
2. The site has been extremely slow or not available since the move.

A site move and configuration shouldn't take more than a weekend. I don't think they were ready for the bandwidth or processing power needed.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Unfortunately, I've noticed the same thing. :( Sometimes it seems to be fine, but more often than not I've been getting pages that either don't load at all, don't finish loading, or load very, very slowly. FWIW, it's also happening with the CrowdGather.com website (new owners) and some of their other 'communities' also. Whether that's a good sign or a bad sign, I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
We are aware of the problems...Bryce and AaronT did a good job explaining things in this thread. Please be patient, there are a lot of things that need to be worked out with the move to the new servers. We will soon be up to speed again ;)

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
I'm having the same problems.

A site move and configuration shouldn't take more than a weekend. I don't think they were ready for the bandwidth or processing power needed.
It is a lot more complicated than that. It is a huge endeavor and bound to be bugs.

I'm having the same problems plus sometimes when it does load I get a weird layout with no graphics.
I get that too.

I payed for membership a few months ago and now the benefits are going away.
Well the membership was just a donation to keep the forum running. The forum was sold to a new owner who does not need donations to keep it running, (which is a good thing). If you are upset you did not get your moneys worth then there is really nothing that can be done about that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiia, we've been making lots of optimizations to the server today to try and make it faster. We're continually trying to make this run better, so please post your experiences. Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Still having the same problems. Often times the site doesn't load at all. When it does, half the time it's the plain white page with no graphics. Actually that's what I'm looking at now as I type this.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Oops double post. Tried to post that last response and got no response from the server but it looks like it posted my reply anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I'm having to exercise a lot of patience to get my APC fix. It's quite slow but today I haven't had any problems with it not loading the page or the page coming up without the regular graphics as I did yesterday. Hopefully it's a step forward and I haven't just jinxed myself. ;)

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Is it just me or is the email function not working. I have had people respond to threads that I subscribed to and received pms, but no email was sent to notify me.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
The pages are loading fast for me today, but some links, some pages come up with "server not found" and when I try again it loads ok.

OK, just now I clicked on "page 1" at the bottom of this page, I get a "oops. page not found, this page appears to be no longer on this server". I go back to this page and click on the link again, and this time it goes thru. In the past 30 minutes, it is the 5th link that did this.

·
Registered
525 Posts
cah925 Re: The Site Is V-E-R-Y__ S-L-O-W!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it just me or is the email function not working. I have had people respond to threads that I subscribed to and received pms, but no email was sent to notify me.
I have not recieved an e-mail since yesterday so sad:(

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
The pages are loading fast for me today, but some links, some pages come up with "server not found" and when I try again it loads ok.

OK, just now I clicked on "page 1" at the bottom of this page, I get a "oops. page not found, this page appears to be no longer on this server". I go back to this page and click on the link again, and this time it goes thru. In the past 30 minutes, it is the 5th link that did this.
this is the same problem I have been having today

·
Registered
4 Posts
Our main datacenter *appears* to be having network problems -- we're investigating that. In the mean time I've moved the site to another datacenter and it seems to be going MUCH quicker. It may take up to a day for the DNS to propogate, but the new server seems to be working much faster for me.

Oh and search -- yay!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts