Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi once again,

I want to show you my most recent work, "The Valley".

Tank: 40*25*20 ~ 20L
Light: 1x24 PL 10000K
Heating: no heating
Filter: A smaller boyu waterfall
CO2: Pressurized

ADA Bacter 100
ADA Tourmaline BC
ADA Clear Super
Plocher
ELOS Terra Zero
ADA Aquasoil Malaya

4KG Pagoda Stone

Hemianthus Calitrichoides "cuba"
Eleocharis acicularis

xx ?? Crystal red? Cambarellus?

This was my insipration

The Valley

Best Regards

Ricardo Rosa

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice but plants need to fill in before this tank can truly be appreciated.
LOVE the picture of your inspiration, wher was it taken?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow that looks amazingly identical. Very pleasing look too as the front rocks have a slope t it give it a settled look.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not too sure about the background hairgrass actually... might destroy the concept in the end. How about raise the soil towards the back (especially the 2 back corners) and plant HC there? And hopefully the HC at the back will creep near the top of the rocks... nearer to your inspiration. I think it will further dramatize your valley too.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Nice inspiration photo.
It is good to see what you are trying to do and I think you were able to re-create it very well.
Now to see how it fills in.
I will be watching for updates.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not too sure about the background hairgrass actually... might destroy the concept in the end. How about raise the soil towards the back (especially the 2 back corners) and plant HC there? And hopefully the HC at the back will creep near the top of the rocks... nearer to your inspiration. I think it will further dramatize your valley too.
Hi Jervis, thank you for your comment. I'm not so sure too.. the tank was planted yesterday.. that's why the HC is not spreeding along the soil.. But when i planted the eleocharis i thought it would steal depth. But i will give her a chance :) to see how she grows, but probably she will have to come off.

This Tank has a great potencial, i hope the HC grow fast and pretty :)

Regards

Ricardo Rosa

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice but plants need to fill in before this tank can truly be appreciated.
LOVE the picture of your inspiration, wher was it taken?
Hi fishlover,

Its true will have to wait.. and HC grows slowly.. thats the funnest part.. :)
The inspirations photo i google it.. and then a bunch of photos came out and this one called my attention.

Thank you for yout comment regards

Ricardo Rosa

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is that rock called 'pagoda stone' ?

been awhile since i've seen it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for your comments, i'm very happy.. the HC cuba is growing already with only 4 days after planting. Well I have to admit, I have used ADA Green Gain, because as you know the HC takes a little time to accustom in the tank, so I change the water daily and i add 1 drop of green gain and a little portion of micronutrients, the plant says "thank you" and we can see her already spreading the leaves.

All plants love fresh water.. that's the key... :)

Here is the picture:

Best Regards

Ricardo Rosa

·
Registered
442 Posts
I like seeing others like me that see something in nature and try to replicate it. All of my scapes are inspired to what I see in my travels.:hat:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts