Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about re doing my entire substrate as I am sick of the Onyx sand and eco complete leaking kh/gh into the water column. In all of your opinion what is the dream or fantasy substrate where money is not a concern.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ada has a few types of substrates power sand and aqua soil, do u use both?
Whats the deal with it saying it lowers hardness and ph, does it do that and how? As long as it doesnt buffer the kh/gh I will be happy. Plus I kinda want to stay away from straight flourite. It works ok but I want something better. Is the aqua soil like real soil?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what I have now. I dont want that. Why does it say it softnes the water and lowers the ph if it buffers both kh and gh. wouldnt that do the opposite?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so it looks like the ada line is the substrate of choice. Currently I use RO/tap mix. Since the ada substrate absorbs the ca/mg would I stick to tap or use my ro/tap(5 to 3) that I have been using? My straight tap is pretty hard kh-11 Gh-18.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright I just ordered to ADA substrate. I bought 5 x 2l Power sand medium and 4 x 9l Aquasoil ammazonia reg and 1 x 9l Aquasoil ammazonnia powder. I plant to do my 80 gallon and my 29 gallon. Thanks for all the help and advice all.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so with the ADA substrate line should I use my straight tap which is liquid rock or stick to what I have been doing a mix of r.o. and tap?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts