Aquatic Plant Forum banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
lol. If she's reading this journal, you're in trouble!!

That might as well have been a proposal!! Haha!

Fish nerd!! Hahah!!!
I don't think we would get quotes from that conversation.

And to change the subject to something slightly less incriminating...

BTW, great project. This has been a fun read. --how do you feel about your co2 method?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I don't think we would get quotes from that conversation.

And to change the subject to something slightly less incriminating...

BTW, great project. This has been a fun read. --how do you feel about your co2 method?
I should have updated you all on the Co2. In the beginning two weeks, the Co2 was awesome. I think today I'm going to swap out the 5 gal carboy and add two, one gallon jugs of the regular DIYCO2 method. (In addition to the one bottle that's running in addition to the big jug....) The carboy is now actually running negative pressure with the initial fermentation complete. It lasted wonderfully for two weeks, but the fermentation time needed for it to be wine is approximately six months, and I dont' want to take up space under the tank for something that won't be productive.

Nobody told me I couldn't..... so I did, and I learned what I wanted to learn. (ie: Is it possible? Will it work?) Thanks for the input Reginald. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Me: "Oh! COOL!!!! I found my Kuhlie Loach!!! Hon? Can you come hold the kitchen strainer for me?"

::::::Saint Marie walks over.... I had her strainer...... yucky brown gunky water spills into kitchen strainer::::::

Saint Marie: "AHHHH! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? It Looks like a worm!!!!!!"

Me: :::::Laughing::::: "It's the Kuhlie Loach that went missing about a month ago!!!!"

Saint Marie: "That's disgusting." ::::::Storms out of the room::::::
:pound: One time i tried getting a Black Ghost Knife... i told my wife it grows up to about 10".
She told me if I ever get one of those "snakes", it'll be the last time i see her near one of my tanks :rolleyes:

BTW very interesting observation with your DIY... I have 2 DIY bottles, one's a 1Gal cranberry juice bottle, the other a 2L soda bottle... from what I have seen even though the 1Gal produces good bubbling it doesnt manage enough pressure to get it in the tank. While the 2L looks like its producing less bubbles, it keeps going for over 2 weeks (the 1 Gal lasts a little under 2 weeks).

I have both DIY CO2 lines plugged to the intake of 200 GPH powerheads. I modded the intakes and used an airline nipple (the one that's used for the venturi line); I'm getting perfect diffusion, though maybe not enough CO2.....

121 - 127 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.