Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive always used cotton thread. is there anything else i can use? i know you can use fishing line but i read someone sayin they use fly tieing thread bc it doesn't disentegrate after a while, doesn't leech anything in the water and is barely visible. id like to get some if this is all true.

· Premium Member
4,880 Posts
If it's a plant that will anchor attach well after a month or so, you can use a rubber band. By the time th eband has started to break the plant will be anchored on it's own. I use this method on Java Ferns and Anubias.

For mosses I use fishing line.

· Registered
19 Posts
fshfanatic- didn't know flytying thread was waxex. some sewing thread is waxed also :) not important, just funny how very similar products get different labels and are suddenly worthy of finding in cabellas rather than nancy's notions and vice versa.

more on topic- I usually use a brown or green cotton thread for anything that attaches on its own, by the time it falls apart the plant has attached and I can remove the strands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.