Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Threadfin Rainbow help needed

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  snuffy 
#1 ·
I must have the most picky eaters in the world. I have had a few disappear (assume die) over the last month since I got them. What do you feed your Threadfin Rainbows?

#6 ·
Up till today, they were in a bare bottom 10 gal QT tank. I have a 40 breeder cycling so I was hoping to leave them in the 10 gal tank, but I have a sick fish that needed QT. So I moved the Threadfins into an established, but unscaped tank. There are a few plants but nothing major. I'm hoping the larger tank with a few plants may stimulate their appetite.

#7 ·
it may be a water issue. if fish dont act normally and you've varied everything else, it probably environmental conditions. i'd check your water parameters. perhaps all that crushed uneaten food is doing a number on the quality of water.

you may want to invest some time in culturing some live baby brine or daphnia until they'll accept something else. baby brine is a great food all around anyways and would be good to feed any fish. adult brine not so much.

GL

#9 ·
I fed mine pulverized Spectrum pellets and was unsure during the whole time that I had them if they were eating them. Mine bread and produced fry! All the fry but one were eaten by a trifasciata that I'd put in their tank (gave up on breeding them about the same time they decided to breed). The one fry lasted about 4 weeks = (

R.I.P. Frank (Sinatra)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.