Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any special way to do this?

i use 100% cotton thread. tie a loop in one end, make that a slip knot. loop that around the object then start wraping the moss or other plant on. once its time to tie the end knot though, i get into a little trouble. never have found a good knot to use at this point. what do yall do?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
When you tie your slip knot (or whatever knot you use), leave a few extra inches hanging on the free-end of the knot that you can use to tie the final end of thread to when you are finished wrapping. I use a square knot when I'm done, but you could tie it just like your shoe-laces if you want.

·
Registered
149 Posts
becareful with fishing line as it tends to cut in to the plant, so to speak. I use the same thread for fly-tying, which is similar to a spool of cotton thread. the fly-tying thread is some sort of synthetic that I don't worry about in terms of chemicals being leached in the water. It doesn't break down like cotton thread does.

I too, use a slipknot. Just leave a 6-8 inch end tag, wrap whatever it is your wrapping with the spool end of the cotton thread line, like your doing and tie off to the end tag of the slipknot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts