1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
345 Posts
My java moss grows like a weed. Many other things die on me, but java moss is one tough cookie to kill! Ever since I got a better light, and am at about 3.7 wpg, the java moss and a crypt sp have really taken off. I could easily see java moss overgrowing a ten gallon tank

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got some and am hoping it does better this time. Up to a 55 watt pc over a 20L vs the 20 watt flourescent that came with it.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It looks to me that I need more lighting, I have 2.75wpg and have dwarf hairgrass in the tank. Although I am going to setup a tank to grow java moss, and raise fry.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Java moss will survive about any condition but it thrives teh best in high light/CO2 conditions. It does notreally seem to care much about other nutrients although I have heard mosses like PO4, but maybe htat jsut keeps away some of the algae. Heck, my java pearls in a 10gallon with 30wattws NO and 30ppm Co2.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.