Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 connected nano tanks - they share water! |10g|5g|4.5g|3.5g|2g|1.5g| Need some help learning! (:
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tiny tanks, Walstad to the rescue?! Help!

Part THREE of my (Q's) SAGA SERIES

I want to try a Walstadd tank with my smallest aquarium (1.5) since Walstad is known to be good for fish bowls, nanos and the like.

Regarding my 5 tanks. I don't know where to start with my upgrading since I don't have enough plants for the Walstadd method. . . And don't know where to go from here!!! Help!

(Q?) With Walstadd, do all the plants die off in the long run? If I spend 60$ on plants that would be terrible if they just melted. . .

(Q?) I need a way to fertilize the plants in my current non Walstad tanks too... Miracle grow blue powder you mix into the water? Where do I begin with that? I don't know......

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll let someone else chime in as on your question about the Walstadd method as I have no personal experience.

As far as fertilizing your other tanks, I suggest you look through the fertilizer sub forum here on APC as there is good primers on both Estimative Index (EI) and PPS fertilizing regimes (two of the most popular and successful methods).

For a lightly planted tank you might be able to get away with fish waste as your primary nitrogen and phosphorous sources, however you may need to supplement potassium, traces, and iron. Since your on a budget and have small tanks, store bought aquarium fertilizer such as the seachem flourish line might be cheaper in the short term. However, dry dosing will end up far cheaper in the longer term.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts