Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
I have 3 running tanks, anad was thinking of planting them.
My 55 is very low light 30w total, my 20 gal. also has a 15w and then my 10 g. has a 15 w. bulb.
The 55 gal. & 20 gal. have a sand substrate, the 10 gal. is a 3x divided betta tank, so would need smaller plants.
I know the basics, anacharis, anubias, crypts, javas.
Are there any others?
I'm new to this forum, does anyone sell plants on the forum?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
welcome to APC!

people do sell/trade amongst members, but you need to have about 50 posts before you are able to see the additional forums.

until then... check out the other forums to get some more information on plant fertilization, lighting, substrate, fish, and plants.

also check out these two links for some initial information:

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/new-planted-aquariums/14684-new-tank-setup-guide-parts-1-a.html
http://www.aquatic-plants.org/articles/basics/pages/index.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thanks!
Was refered over from Fishlore.com actually. My tanks are stocked & running right now. I'm doing my research on the plants for the future, at the moment I'm treating ich im my tanks with salt, so I can't add any plants just yet. :)

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Glad to meet you! :yo: Check out the plantfinder. There are many many plants listed there with their growth requirements.

On the For Sale forum people list their plants for sale. It's the best place to get plants. I'm not aware that you have to a certain number of posts to view that forum. I know that you can't start a thread there unless you have 25 posts. You should be able to view it if you have joined APC, which is free. People may decide to sell or not to you since you are new and they need to trust you. Other than that I think you should be fine. I have sold to new people before. I've never had a bad sale (better not say that!....).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts