Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Recently there was a very interesting thread on TPT about very low KH / low temperature non-CO2 injected tanks.
The author provided lots of pictures of the evolution of his tanks and showed good evidence for "difficult" plants thriving in such systems.

Suddenly, the user that introduced the author to the forum was banned and the thread disappeared. After some complaints, somewhatshocked stated that the banning was unrelated to the thread and that the thread was hid by the system because of too many links in some posts and reinstated the thread. However, a little digging in yet another forum (UKAPS), it seems that the banishment was indeed related to the disagreement of the moderator and the users.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It might be a different thread; but someone express concern that too much fertilizer might be harmful to fishes; somewhatshocked called it fud and quickly banned some people for spreading fud.
Recently there was a very interesting thread on TPT about very low KH / low temperature non-CO2 injected tanks.
The author provided lots of pictures of the evolution of his tanks and showed good evidence for "difficult" plants thriving in such systems.

Suddenly, the user that introduced the author to the forum was banned and the thread disappeared. After some complaints, somewhatshocked stated that the banning was unrelated to the thread and that the thread was hid by the system because of too many links in some posts and reinstated the thread. However, a little digging in yet another forum (UKAPS), it seems that the banishment was indeed related to the disagreement of the moderator and the users.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The thing I find really unfair is that a moderator can block all posts which he doesn't agree with, allow posts he agrees with, and then advertise the totally skewed discussion thread and overall site as a public forum reflecting the views of its members.

TPT has advertising revenue and now I really regret contributing to it and wish they would delete all my posts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was surf on that forum for years. Then one day out of the blue he sent me an email as I was starting work at my job. quickly followed by a second email asking why I didn't reply and then by the time I took lunch and checked my personal email I was already banned permanently. Then over then next several months I saw a dramatic drop in replies to posts. In fact most of the people that were active at that time simply disappeared. So many people were kicked off that what were simple questions that were answered in less than a day went unanswered for days. The site has gradually recovered but still not back to were it was.

The moderator accused me of being a Hanna instruments sales rep. due to a post I made in a discussion about their checkers. I have a couple and answered based on my experience with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings APC,
I come from TPT, however i was only a member a short time (still new to the hobby).
I just got banned by somewhatshocked too lmfao.
What a clown, he spent an hour getting offended about how i called him dawg
Granted since I'm since a noob i couldnt find out how to post in the wtb/sell forum. The site just wouldn't let me i didn't have permission i guess. So posted a wtb post in the shrimp subthread lookin for malawa shrimp cause they're nowhere, ;( the first line was like Apologies if this is the wrong thread. i just wanted to know where to find them. I got my thing removed so i asked somewhatshocked, and she got bootytickled by my verbage and banned me. "Give the sass a rest" she said.
I learned a lot of things pretty quickly on that forum so I'm sad to be banned already but it's really funny to me. People that control information that's allowed to spread give me giggles.
hearing your situations made me happy i didn't invest any time into their community.
Hopefully APC is better, I'll have to be active on here.
Hope to contribute soon
#newb

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would suggest trying the Shrimp Spot as another forum as well.

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 High-Tech, 35 Low-Tech, 10 Low-Tech
17 Posts
I've seen some other posts and see I am not the only victim of the mod somewhatshocked on TPT. After being banned for 30 days for pointing out his accusations against me were incorrect I returned and asked who I could appeal his actions too. I was then banned forever.
Just wanted to vent. Good therapy.
Thanks.
That person has banned a lot of people...not just you. I'm not sure why.

·
Registered
75 High-Tech, 35 Low-Tech, 10 Low-Tech
17 Posts
somewhatsalty is not fit to be a mod for anything. he'd prolly make a good janitor or sum tho
I have read on other peoples posts that "somewhatshocked" is a woman...not that it matters. I am on TPT but I tread lightly with my posts. Years past it was a great forum with lots of information, now it is more of a social club. I continue to access the forum because some of the old timers are still there.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have read on other peoples posts that "somewhatshocked" is a woman...not that it matters. I am on TPT but I tread lightly with my posts. Years past it was a great forum with lots of information, now it is more of a social club. I continue to access the forum because some of the old timers are still there.
Now and then folks sell less common crypts; that is the major feature of the site (for me).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just a note that I found in my tank that sulfate fertilizers (Most aquarium fertilizers on the market ) are not comparable with KH. The KH reacts the sulfate ingredients and micro nutrients go from soluble to insoluble. The nutrients have to be soluble for plants to use them. insoluble nutrients are cannot be used by the plants. Unfortunately thatmeans acidic water which is not good for snails. Also temperature does'n't have an effect. CO2 can make the water slightly acidic which can cause solid calcium carbonate in the substrate to dissolve and interact with sulfates.

The solution to this problem is to use zero KH water, RO water with no carbonates in the substrate or water, Dose more often once a day or every other day, or use a Chelated fertilizer. but I don' tknow of a good chelated fertilizer on the market and making your own is proving to be difficult because I cannot find some of the ingredients.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts