Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some HC that came as an "extra" a few months ago from a fellow member. It was a scant amount. Now I have probably a 4"x4" patch of it. It isn't growing all that fast for me, but it is growing.

I figured more would be good. I wouldn't mind getting rid of all my Glosso in liue of HC, but at the rate I'm going it wouldn't happen for another year!

·
Registered
628 Posts
make sure to divide your 4" x 4" mat as that will help it to spread faster when it is not just in one big clump spreding from the edges

if you have a solid mat that is 4" x 4" then you actually can grow a decent amount in a few months

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fishfry--Good idea about splitting it apart. I'm hesitant to do this only because it is so well rooted, but alas it's the right thing to do.

Chiahead--Glosso just tends to grow over itself until it chokes to death. I guess HC does this, too, but the slower growth means it looks better, longer.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
is the planting of the HC similar to glosso, meaning I would need to seperate each rooted plant and use tweezers to plant them? Or would I be safe sectioning off say 1/2 inch squares and planting them as small bunches?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.