Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not found a good way of trimming my plants... specially my L. Repens, it seems like trimming them makes them look really weird.

I have a twenty gallon, so it is not very deep, so it seems I always have to trim the most bezutiful part of the plant... I started trimming almost the full plant and replanting it, thus preserving the tops of the plants... this however is a pain as removing the planted roots makes a mess in my tank, I have a layer of peat as the bottom layer.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks giancarlo, I thought there was no easy way around this problem, but figured it would not hurt to ask.

The reason why I started pruning most of the plant is the depth of my tank. If I cut half or 1/3 of the plant, replanting the top is nearly impossible, as most of the leaves end up underground, and I hated throwing those beautiful tops away.

With my Repens, it has become a weekly task to trim... I guess I'll have to throw them out or trade them here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.