Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try AaronT's mineralized soil method on 2 of my tanks as I'm getting tired of measuring ferts and testing nutrient levels. Both tanks were torn down and rescaped this weekend.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking forward to not fertilizing. If this goes well (and I'm sure it will), I may start the process again for my other tanks.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here are some close up shots of tank #1

While it looks sparce now, the middle will fill in with Hygro 'Porto Vehlo'. The back center is bare for now while I decide what to put in there. The sides are full of stem plants that after a few trims will hopefully become much bushier.

Tank 2 also has lots of stems around the wood and I plan on filling in some more Blyxa and I was also thinking of adding some Marselia in the very front.

I suppose what I'm doing is scaping, but with a El Natural twist. :-k

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tanks were initially cloudy after filling. Both cleared after a couple days. I also have some new growth already from my Rotala sp. 'Vietnam" and my Didiplis has changed from a orangish/yellow color to more of a dark red. I'm very interested to see how my Rotala macrandra 'red' will turn out.

I have more plants on the way to fill in the back of the first tank, and part of the forground of the second tank. I'll see if I can find some floaters.

Just out of curiosity, how do ferns and mosses attached to branches get ferts if I don't put anything in the water column?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.