Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone else from the SE Oklahoma area doing this type of tank? Talking the Talihina, Poteau, Wilburton / Choctaw Nation region? I'm curious if there's even anything around here worth while....

Also, has anyone tried a pine-litter tank? I believe I've read of some black-water biotopes in North Carolina area that are Pine-litter (Pine Needles mostly). Any idea what grows in the as far as plants / fish??

·
Registered
542 Posts
Cheyd,
Sorry I missed your post. It looks like you are the only one right now in SE Oklahoma on the forum. You should have a lots of plants to choose from now that its April. What you need to do is go out and collect samples of everything you see. If it near water take a sample. When you get back you can send us the photos and we will try to ID each one. Its best to put them in a tank and see if they grow showing you that they are semi-aquatic.

The USDA database now lets you search for aquatic plants by state and county at:
http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/topics.cgi?earl=advquery/adv_query.html

Just make sure you choose "OBL" for "National Wetland Indicator Status" and "Regional Wetland Indicator Status".

Please let me know how you do.

Steve Pituch

1 - 2 of 2 Posts