Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello APC members, I've been lurking around APC for a while. I'm active on a couple other forums, so I thought I should participate a little, especially since I do like to use the marketplace every now and then :p I look forward to getting to know everyone, learning from others, and sharing my experiences.

I thought I would share my latest scape in my 30c. My wife was kind enough to get me lily pipes and the Aquasky for our anniversary, so I thought a rescape to match the nice hardware was in order.

Here are the specs:

Tank Dimensions: 30x30x30cm (ADA 30C)
Filter: Eheim 2211
Light: ADA Aquasky
Pressurized CO2 with GLA Nature Beast Regulator and Atomic atomizer from GLA
Substrate: ada aquasoil and sand
Ferts: DIY daily EI solution in droppers (roughly 3 ml micro and macro every day)
Flora: Hemianthus micranthemoides, Blyxxa japonica, Hygrophila pinnatifida, rotala macandra "green", rotala singapore, Staurogyne repens (049), round pelia aka subwaasertang
Fauna: unknown number of RCS, 3 pygmy cories and 10 B. brigattae

The tank was just trimmed prior to these pictures. The tank was at the two week mark. I have to say I really like the Aquasky, it has brought out a lot of great colors in the rotala sp. It is a strong light and pressurized CO2 is a must with it. I know some have mentioned the legs are a bit "chunky" but in person it is not bad at all and I actually like the design whereas I did not when only seeing it in pictures. I'm currently getting a bit of algae at 3 weeks, mostly green and brown algae on the rocks and glass. It might be time to consider some nerites or a couple ottos as the shrimp don't seem to be cutting it. I hope to continue to update this one. I am really pleased with it so far.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A little post weekend update with more pics from other angles.

Algae is under control and receding. Co2 is on point and as long as I keep the drapes closed from the patio in the morning I won't be seeing algae anymore.

Some pics of the growth. I trimmed the rotala macandra "green" quite a bit, so there aren't any tips in this pic of it. It looked so good I wanted to add it to my 90p and see if I could get the same growth out of it. The light had turned off before taking these pics so the stems had closed for the night.

Check out the root development, every plant in this tank is sending down roots like mad. This is the healthiest growth I've gotten out of a tank to be honest. This is a month of growth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
very nice hardscape layout. Looks like your plants like that tank they seem to be growing in really well. As for shrimp either would look great in there but im voting oebt just have a soft spot for them. keep us posted as the tank continues to develop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice scape!:) How tall your HM have grown so far? I'm planning to use them for my Mini M but unsure whether they will grow tall enough to be a background plant.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice scape!:) How tall your HM have grown so far? I'm planning to use them for my Mini M but unsure whether they will grow tall enough to be a background plant.
It would grow tall enough for a background plant in a Mini M. It takes a little longer to get taller because it tends to spread out and then grow taller. It won't go straight vertical under higher light.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very nice hardscape layout. Looks like your plants like that tank they seem to be growing in really well. As for shrimp either would look great in there but im voting oebt just have a soft spot for them. keep us posted as the tank continues to develop.
Thanks! I have a bit of a soft spot for OEBT's too. I've never kept CRS.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Showing as "Private." Can't see diddly. :(

Why are you "no-more-ing" this tank?
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't used APC too much so need to get the hang of the forum.

The scape will be no more because I move at the end of the month and will break it down for the move. A new one will soon take its place.

Maybe I will just add on the new one to this thread...

·
Registered
49 Posts
UltraBlue,

I ordered a Mini M yesterday. Now you've got me wondering if I made the right decision! About the light, I believe you mentioned that if used, you really need to do CO2. Do you think it would be too much for low tech? Where did you get your Seiryu Stones from?

Mike

p.s. Oh, I hope you do continue in this thread. It would be nice to see the evolution.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts