Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 90 gallon planted tank with CO2 injection, the co2 infused water comes in on one side of the tank. I think that the side of the tank with the co2 water comming in grows better than the other side. There is a decent but not a huge amount of circulation form the over flow filter in the middle of the tank pointed away from the c02 inflow, and the overflow is right by the co2 inflow. Now I am just about to start a 350 gallon tank with non overflow filtration and I am trying to figure out if I need to split the co2 infused water inflow to 2 side of the tank to prevent uneven co2 distribution. This tank has 2 of the large eheim filters.
Andreas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Co2 difusion

the 90 gallon is 48 inches and the co2 inflow has a small power head and is at one end of the tank

on the 350 I am going to link the co2 into the eheim outflow and that tank is drilled and the inflow is in the center, but pointing to one side
the 350 gallon tank is 6 ft x 3 ft x 31 inches

Andreas

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have a friend with a four foot long 75 gallon with pressurized co2 and an eheim diffuser and havent heard any complaints about uneven co2 distribution, and I have DIY on my 75 and am unable to notice a difference. Could it be that that side of the tank is near a window and gets more light?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Measure the PH on both sides of the tank, I'm sure you'll find it's the same and therefore your CO2 is evenly distributed. Other factors are more likely such as a dirtier or richer patch of substrate where the plants are doing better. Unless you are grossly underfiltered, which would also give you a temperature difference from one side of the tank to the other, I would be looking for other reasons why the plants are growing at different rates.

Are they the same plants on both sides of the tank?

Giancarlo Podio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts