Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
At first, I thought the above species does not belong to the Utricularia genus but rather that of the Aldrovanda. Upon closer inspection, the lateral arrangement of the small numerous traps suggests that it is not an Aldrovanda species ( www.bestcarnivorousplants.com ).

Biker, do you know where your specimen was collected: Asia, Australia, Europe, Japan, or South America? It would narrow down the species list tremendously. Here is an incredible catalog of the various Utricularia species found throughout the world: http://www.bestcarnivorousplants.com/aldrovanda/aldrovanda_for_sale.htm

Some possible candidates include U. australis, U. foliosa, U. stellaris. Utricularia australis seems to resemble your specimen best.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sometimes I found that there are two types of red-leafed Utricularia in my tank.
Please take a look at this big one, it grows more complicated leaves only in some particular circumstances, and I don't know whether they are the same species or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.