Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a update on the 300 gal. aquascape in the cafe in Flushing, NYC.
I also added in some Bosemani Rainbow after taking the pictures.
Still working on the design, but will be ready for the 2005 ADA.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pictures

The tank is custom made is measures 144"long x15.5"wide x30"tall and is powered by 384 watts CF. I maintain the tank once every two weeks w/ 50% water change and etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More picture to come

The lighting time is 14 hours since the place opens at 7am and close at 9pm. The picture was taken around 10pm which the tip of the plant already closed. The cafe is open 7 days a week, so can't get a good picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
A nice looking tank, the client should be very happy. For a tank maintained only every 2 weeks it looks especially good. I guess that extra height helps.
___
Jeff

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Ah! Beautiful!

For the size of that thing you have done an outstanding job, especially maintaining the stem plants. Also the play of heights, shadows, and colors is very, very nice.

Could you go into some detail about what exactly you do every 2 weeks to make that tank looks as nice as it looks? To me a bi-weekly maintenace sounds like a serious task - too many things to adjust at one time.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
645 Posts
Do you have a plant list for that tank? I think its amazing. I think that is my favourite out of all your aquascapes that i have seen.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I love the 'up and down hill layout' you have going there, it gives the tank real depth.

As for nycxaro question, it's Rotala indica or rotundifolia.

·
Registered
193 Posts
:lol: :lol: That's awesome Howdy neighbor.Where in Flushing are you :?: I live in Middle Village Queens right off Metropolitan.I about 10 minutes from you.Would be nice to see that tank up close.Thats one of the nicest aquascapes i seen.Great job keep up the good work :!:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts