In early Dec. I posted that the compact flourescent fixture on my 75 gallon tank went and due to financial restraints I replaced it with (2) 40 watt shop lights for a total of 4 bulbs at 160 watts. I had 2 cool white and 2 warm bulbs. I soon after began to have a severe BGA problem. I was told it was probably the type of bulbs/change of lighting that was causing the problem and recieved lots of advice. I used what made the most sense to me and here is what I did and the results. I dosed the tank with Marycin to combat the BGA. This worked great on the BGA and wiped it out. Most posts said the Marycin would not affect the biological filter. It did. I soon had a bacteria bloom and spike in ammonia. With some water changes and patience the tank got though it with no loses and overall a very good result getting rid of the BGA. As for the lights I got creative and with some wood and foil I arranged the lights to sit on the tank like a regular hood and greatly reduced light loss around the fixture sending most light into the tank where needed. I replaced the 2 warm bulbs with (2) 6500K daylight bulbs (I got a 10 pack in Lowes for $20). The combo of 2 cool white and 2 daylight bulbs seems to be a hit with the plants and I am getting the best growth I have seen since I set up the tank 2 years ago. With the advice from this site I was able to get my tank in great shape. Thank You all so much.