Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 35g tank with ADA Amazonia ii and EI dosing, Plants are,

Fore ground - HC, Eleocharis Sp., Glosso, Marsilea minuta, Heteranthera zosterifolia, Echinodorus tennelus, Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis, Lilaeopsis Mauritiana, Lilaeopsis Macloviana.

Mid ground - Blyxa Japonica, Micranthemum Umbrosum, Echinodorus Quadricistatus, Cardamine Lyrata, Hygrophila carimbosa compacta.

Back ground - Rotala Rotundifolia, Hemianthes Micranthemoides, Ludwigia Repens, Aponogeton Crispus, Ammannia, Alternanthera Reineckii, Limnophila aromatica, Ludwigia arcuata.

I have an existing 72 watt PLL setup which I want to remove and use on my 18g cube tank. I am thinking replacing the lights today with a MH? I want to know what will be a good light choice for this tank? what wattage, I have pressurised CO2 going at 3 bubble every 2 seconds.
I am focusing on the red plants and also need enough light to have the carpet creeping.

Pls help me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why are you considering MH? CF is cheaper, cooler, and can provide more light than you need for carpet plants. Just my 2 cents worth, but MH isn't nearly as popular as CF.

Then again, if you are going to put 72 watts over an 18g, you are clearly the kind of guy who likes to push things to the limit!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts