Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
I think in the book Amano attributes the space in this aquascape to the actual needs of the discus rather than his design. It's easy to see however how the space has been used, with such a large tank like this I think the temptation would be to fill it with plants, but Amano is using what three types of plant here?

The driftwood used is obviously the wabi sabi bit, again Amano has softened this with ferns but it's the shape and positioning of it which ties in both aspects perfectly.

It's one of my fave Amano tanks this one :yes:

· Registered
100 Posts
TWood said:
Maybe so, but the plants are reflected.

One of the things that is bugging me about the Amano clones :prayer: is that the design seems to have devolved into picking the coolest looking piece of driftwood. Then photographed at an angle that is unlikely in real life unless the tank is up at eye level. And even then, the tanks look like a nightmare for upkeep to keep them looking like they do in the photograph. It all seems so forced, which is the opposite of the intended effect.

Maybe I'm just feeling grumpy... [smilie=r:

TW[/quote]

I think this is where people go wrong, they pick a great looking piece of driftwood and put it in the tank without planning it, it's like they see a piece of bogwood and get inspired by the bogwood itself and get it on a whim, whereas Amano has the vision of the piece he wants already and finds that specific piece.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.