Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is a better alternative to silicone that allows for easy removal without damaging the wood, please also let me know!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Silicone is good for glass and metal. It doesn't doesn't last long on wood and plastic.

Try gorilla epoxy glue or pond expanding foam for wood against glass. Superglue gel might work for wood against wood. It's best if the wood were dry and left to cure for all these glues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Silicone is good for glass and metal. It doesn't doesn't last long on wood and plastic.
Will it last long enough for the wood to become water logged?

Try gorilla epoxy glue or pond expanding foam for wood against glass. Superglue gel might work for wood against wood. It's best if the wood were dry and left to cure for all these glues.
Can wood be separated from PEF without damage? I assume that's not the case with GEG and SG.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I used superglue gel, with pre filter stuffing , also glued aquarium shape magnets to the wood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like to use plants to hold them together. It helps to hide the joints as well making the wood look more interesting. Might as well try wood glue, its is made from wood after all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts