Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi Cavan,

Thanks for the information. :D I just ordered it from local tropica dealer. I'll post the picture as soon as I get it.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
I've been growing this plant for a little over a year now. I'm suprised more people havent' tried it out yet. Much like HC it takes a little adjustment to your tank and then it takes off and forms a very nice bright green carpet.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
It does much better in ample light and CO2. You plant it in little plugs just like you would HC. They sit there not doing much for a couple weeks and then it spreads via runners and fills in as a nice lawn. The leaves 'drape' over each other, which gives a neat effect. It only grows to be about 1" tall as well.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
In short, yes it would do fine. I'm growing it in a 2.5 gallon nano w/ DIY CO2 right now.

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
ragn4rok said:
Hi Aaron,

Does it true that the plant can eat shrimp babies or small fish? :( Thanks
No, that is not true. The bladder openings are only large enough for microrganisms to enter. Anyone who tells you that it is eating their fish fry and baby shrimp is looking for an excuse to explain why they killed them. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have been trying to get this plant for about 3 months now. I can't seem to find a local dealer that has any. Is there a USA sorce for it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here´s my contribution:

Mine was almost two months with no growth and then, suddenly, it took off. Amazing how she grows even in medium light.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Super cool looking plant!

I found this picture... It seems that the U. graminifolia makes for a nice bucket too... I mean "bouquet":

--Nikolay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts