Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)

I have a few questions regarding UV Sterilizers for dealing with mycobacteriosis.

I am considering an inline UV Sterilizer driven by a canister filter, for a 20 gallon long aquarium.

• Should I use a 15 watt or 8 watt inline UV Sterilizer?

• The canister filter has a flow rate of approximately 79 gallons per hour / 300 litres per hour. Is this acceptable flow rate or should it be lower or higher?

I may post more questions the more I learn.

Thank you :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a 7-9 watt sterilizer for my 55 gal tanks and got good results.
Hello :)

I just wanted to say thank you very much for all the work you've done in bringing awareness to mycobacteriosis. You've given me some hope to hold onto since I've learned about your success story implementing UV Sterilizers to help battle mycobacterium.

If I may ask, what was your approximate flow rate? I may be mistaken, but I think I recall you mentioning a Coralife Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer in one of your posts - is this what you used? What would happen if I were to go below the manufacturer minimum flow rate of 200 gallons per hour? I would like to keep equipment out of the aquarium which is why I am interested in an inline unit. I am trying to do as much research as I can to try to implement a solution correctly the first time, so I apologize for all my questions. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts