Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

After a long lasting problem with green water, I think that I will purchase a UV sterilizer to finally get some cristal clear water. I will probably buy de coralife turbo twist UV sterilizer 9 watts that I will connect to a Fluval 305 filter. Does anyone have experience with this product and especially, if I use it with this kind of external filter, if there special requirements for the installation??

Thank you all:)

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all those info:dance:

I take good notes of your advices. I think that I will do some sterilizer shopping very soon. I'm so tired to see that green water in my tank:mad2:.Peteski 312; did you have problems or leaking problems after connected another kind of hoses to the quick release system of your fluval?

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Ray-the-pilot for such precise informations.:p

I only have one question to be sure that I understand well your set-up. If I understand, all this plumbing is connect only on the outlet pipe on the Fluval? I don't have to touch the inlet plumbing of the filter?

English is a second language for me... Just want to be sure that I don't miss something in the translation:rolleyes:

François

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally, I've recieved my UV sterilizer=D> After a night of plumbing and fitting, the unit, a Coralife Turbo Twist 9 watts, is on. The sterilizer have been installed like the Ray-the Pilot instructions. I can't wait to see the result!! I will post pictures to show the result.

What is the maintenance of this type of equipment? Do I have to clean the glass inside the unit many times?

Thank you all

François:)

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow! Only 24 hours after the installation of the UV sterilizer and there is already a HUGE difference in the clarity of the water. For the fisrt time since I've started this tank, I can finally enjoy it! This UV was a best investment I've done\\:D/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.