Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Electrical wiring Plastic bottle Gas Cable Technology

Fluid Water Wood Wall Electrical wiring

I have a 15 gallon tank which is affected by Fish tb. I have lost 9 danios so far. I came across UV sterilizer treatment while reading an article on mycobateriosis by madam Diana Walstad. I have just installed a DIY UV sterilizer which is used for domestic RO purification of water . I have a 11 w UV lamp . At first I kept the flow rate at 30 gph and still it didnt seem to work.Now I have reduced the flow even further. what would be the correct flow rate of water ?

NOTE : I am willing to run the motor 24/7, with a 1 hr break every 4 hours, since my motor gets heated up . THANKS IN ADVANCE...

·
Registered
4 Posts
You'll have to work out the dosing.
triple sulfa, 1 packet is 3oz
For each 10 gallons of water, empty one packet directly into aquarium. Repeat dose after 24 hours. Wait another 24 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water. Repeat this treatment for a second time, for a total of 4 doses. Then make a final 25% water change and add fresh activated carbon or replace filter cartridge.

Kana
Use a 1/4 teaspoon Kanamycin per 20 gallons of water.
· Treat every 24 hours with a 25% water change before each treatment. Use 1/2 dose on tetras, neons, ghosts, whales, and sensitive fish. Treat for 5 to 7 days. This medication may interfere with biological filtration. Antibiotics and treatments are always safest when used in a hospital tank. Monitor ammonia and nitrite and use AquaLife Complete Water Conditioner. Change water as needed. Not for fish used for human consumption.
Thanks man!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts