Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Greenwater in my tank. But my parameters are exactly what they should be according to what i have read. Phosphate 1ppm NO3 10ppm Iron and Traces dosed High. Phosphate form Sodium phosphate NO3 from KNO3. I have lost fish recently from forgetting to decholorinate my water. My fishload as of now is 7 Harlquin rasboras 6 Neon tetras 7 SAE's 1 Rudolph shrimp, 4 otos. WHAT could be the problem??????????

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think My plant density is probably not on the high side. But 80% of the tank at least is planted. I had Recently topped off MY Limnophila Aromatica and Rotala Macranda 'green'. My phosphates will Run to zero in absolutly no time if i dont dose my tank for phosphates.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The plants did seem to have an extra kick by showing more pearling before the green water. Since the plants were dense in some parts of the tank i am still finding fish. I think it must have been letting the dead fish stay too long. There was hairalgae on my tennelus foreground and its extremely hard to find fish within it. I've found 3 skeletons in it in the past couple days. Best recommendation would be to scour it to get all dead fish out and continue blacking it out? How long is a good blackout??? i am going to try 5 days. Also will the greenwater ever go away if i correct my tank issues or is blackout completely necessary without mechanical help?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tetra brand dechlorinator, Its at the other house and i wont be over there for a week. Anyhow I stopped worrying about it. My dad whos interested in the hobby and a horticulturalist thinks he can do a better job so he took over the tank and is going to prove to me i add too much fertilizer (Which as far as i know i do not). So basically i am going to concentrate on my new 20gallon at the other house and hopefully laugh at him because i was right, then be frustrated again because i will have more problems with the tank. I think the best plan for me right now is to start from scratch and next time around not to dose until i see deficiency signs. That is what i am doing with my 20gallon and the first week has been good (Except not much new growth).

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that i shouldn't wait for deficiencies to show up, but i am trying to learn from the 20gallon so i am trying new things out. Thanks for the heads up though. Once i figure out the pattern for the 20 gallon then i will dose so that no signs show up anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.