Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just finsihed making a new WK
using the lid of a huge sushi box, sand, WK substrate(my own brand), and WK ferts(also my own brand)

first i filled the lid with a thin layer of sand
then using gravel stones made two oval shapes, built them up like a wall, added the WK substrate inside and filled any gaps with sand to make it look natural
then i planted a HC-like forground on both islands, some midground plants and a stand of common grass for background.
filled it carefully with water, and dosed WK-Start to get it going
edit: i have also added a few lillies after i took the pics

the money shot, the color is right! alll the others are too washed out

other shots

there you go, questions, comments?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I like the second to last shot the best! Truly beautiful! I might have added something to the island on the left coming out of the water, just to make it a bit more similar to the island on the right......but I will love to see the progress of the wabi!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Maybe just a bit.....not too much cause you don't want it to look too much like the islant on the right, you know?

Any thoughts on adding some sort of small iwagumi style rocks? Perhaps sticking slightly out of the water with some java moss on the bottom of those rocks? Just an idea.....it would be neat to see someone try it to see how it looks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the rocks are there as a decorative ring around the WK substrate and the sand
the wk ferts i made have a dropper so you can easily insert the ferts to exactly the right place :)

yeh donald i tried putting rocks and stuff
and it just looks way to busy

·
Registered
171 Posts
It looks wery fresh and warm. But ill find the big island too dominating due to only one other island... Maybe a wery small island close to the small one (the golden ratio between the two) would give some distraction and make the whole more pleasing - just a thought.
Wery nice work - have you considered making a longer article on WK? I would like to see one by you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts