Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
This bowl turned one month on the first :) I've removed tons of frogbit and duckweed during the month. And I had to remove all but a tiny piece of hornwort a few days ago. It got too big and was blocking a lot of light for the rest of the plants.

All the shrimp seem to be doing good so far. I got them all as regular cherry grade but they all developed a pretty nice deep red color like the Sakuras. Can't complain :)
I've had the same problem! I also had frogbit and the roots went all the way into the soil. Mine is due for a major trimming but I have baby shrimp and I'm worried to disturb them :/

·
Registered
94 Posts
When my frogbit roots start getting too long i usually just stick those into my bigger tank. for some reason it doesn't grow as well in that tank tho. But my guppies do like to pick on the roots..
I'm hoping to get rid of the floaters once the pennywort and ludwigia start growing emergent. They are finally starting to break the surface instead of growing around the bowl submersed. I'm pretty excited:)
Awesome! Yeah I do the same and my flagfish trim them all down :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts