Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
My name is Aspen and this is my first post on APC. Generally I just go to my father with questions but he's not sure on this one either? I am setting up a 36g bow front tank and I am hoping to do it Walstad. I have some questions about lighting though. Right now I only have a marines and double bright and coralife t8 that came with the tank. The double bright is on my 10g right now, but I'm breaking that down as soon as this is set up. My rank has mo access to sunlight either. I'm not sure how low my light should be, being that I am aiming to do Walstad. Any suggestions? Thanks!

-aspen

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do a search on the site there are tons of threads regarding Walstad and lighting on here. Perhaps some of the other members with more experience in Walstad can chime in. I have one 10g Walstad that I started last month, I'm having phenomenal results with it though. My tank sits in an east-facing window so it gets about two-three hours of direct sunlight in the morning then indirect sunlight until about an hour before dusk. I also run 3WPG of fluorescent lighting, I have lots of red plants though with a lot of emergent/floating plants over my entire tank. However, I don't know what my PAR is. With Walstad tanks Diana Walstad recommends at least 1.5WPG(I think) with the aid of indirect sunlight. I would think that depending on the needs of your plants that you would want at least 3WPG as well. Again I say, however, this is what is working with my plants and my tank. You can see this tank on the 10g NPT thread under this forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts