Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
gravy9 as Diana said the CO2 injection is what causing the deficiencies in other nutrient(or need for more nutrient) so removing it is removing a problem not creating a problem. There will be no impact short-term. To create other nutrients for the plant she suggest you add fishes and feed them liberally. That's to help replenish the missing nutrients. You currently providing too much of one growth factor Carbon but not the other growth factor the nutrients and thus creating a limiting growth factor and so the plants are yellowing. In your original comment you said you wanted a "self-contained ecology." Without fishes(live creatures) and fish food you are missing half of the self-contained part of the ecology. As for the fish load I would add half the planned load for now. So using the rule of thumb, I would put in 10 one inch community fishes or what 10 inches worth of fishes. As for checking process, I would not worry too much. After adding the fishes check the nitrate/ammonia level every few days for a week if all is well, I don't check anymore. After 1st week, I look for signs such as uncontrolled algae growth or fish behavior, if it's abnormal or out of control change the water else do water change every few months.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.