Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally come to my senses and need to get in shape. I am not happy with my "physique" and want to change that. All I am looking for is to get tone and get a bit more muscle...not some ripping chunch of muscle that you sometimes see at the gym :roll:

I am ~5'9.5" and just weighed in at 186lb at the gym scale. Yes, you heard right, I got my lazy ass up and started going to the gym. I am on week 3 now with little "visible results". My research at school pretty much means I get no excersize while working and I don't have too much "free time" when I'd like to excersize. Right now I go to the gym 2x a week (I like to go mornings and this is what I have time for) and do "circuit weights": 2-3 sets at 12-15 reps each with 30-45 sec between exersize leg extentions, leg curls, leg press, pull ups, curls, reverse curls, pull downs, bench press, military press, crunches.

I don't feel like I get to the gym enough (3x would be nice ;)), but I need to tweak my schedule to do it.

My bigger problem however is food. I am a food whore. I like to feel full when I eat. I snack when I am bored. I tend to have lots of carbs (pasta and rice person). Don't eat a lot of fruits and veggies, but I don't have anything against them. oh..and I love to eat :D

Not completely sure why I am posting this...maybe it is cause I just came from the gym...maybe cause I think someone here will have some good advice...maybe cause I think someone here will have some good food dishes that will make me feel full and not taste like lawn clippings or cardboard ;)

· Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the encouragement.

Geo:
I do ride my bike...actually I use it to get to and from work/school from the apartment. Not that the sun is out more, I can return to my evening bike rides with my wife :)

The city I am in has TONS of bike trails with tons of mounting biking trail in the surrounding arrea.

Dennis:
eating little only works for me in the morning *L*. ..but I'll try do do 4-5 small meals rather than 3 larger ones. I have been upping the protein and veggies a little more.

When I have extra time on the weekend (Ie don't go to the inlaws in the other city), I'll sneak in the eliptical :D

error:
I actually cook a lot so I don't have the typical american intake of processed foods :D Still could cut some out a little, but there isn't much to cut out ;) As for your list, I do ~ 1/2 of them in one form or another :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.