Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
So here's the story.
Our local club here in Kansas City, HAAS is getting interested in plants. Several new member of the club, such as myself, have been interested in plants for a long time and are finally getting fixed to push some of the other members over the edge. To further this end, we're going to have a local aquascaping competition for the first timers as well as the several of us that have kept plants for quite a while. However, we need some more plants. The local members that have plants, don't have enough to spread all the way around.

Most of our members will be making their tank with about 2wpg, and DIY CO2. However, at least one member I know of has PC lighting, and CO2 injection, so some higher care plants could at least be maintained and held until other club members get some higher tech equipment.

If several people could give me a price for a large amount of plants shipped to KC, MO It'd give me something to show the others and we can decide where we want to go from there. I'm thinking about 10 people will probably compete with a tank anywhere from 10g to possibly a 75g entry, but at least three people competing will already be using some of their own plants... if that gives any clue to the amount of plants I'd be interested in.

Sorry I have to be kinda vague about what I'm interested in, and that I can't commit to buying anything at the moment. Hope that doesn't scare anybody off from letting me know what they've got and how much.
Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have narrow leaf Java Fern..... just pay the shipping for it. PM me if your are interested, plus you will be doing me a favor to unload this plant for me.8)

Later!

PS. Also Crypt Retrospiralis...... up to 10 plants

·
Registered
499 Posts
Not to take away from any of the members here, but have you thought about one of the starter packages from a retailer? I know Aqua Botanic has packages.
I'm just thinking it may be easier for you to go that route rather than a lot of different orders from different people.
You could get more specific plants from the members here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey there APC,

I'm one of the guys in the KC fish club, also responsible for kicking this contest(experiment) off over here. We're looking at doing a group order from one of the big sites, I think the goal with this thread was mainly to see if there's any of you guys out there with some large tanks and a range of different plants that maybe need to be trimmed soon :) We're not looking for free, mind you. And yes, the assumption that buying one plant species from each person to try and get the bunch of stuff we'll need over and over will prove to be more headache than anything (not to mention even more expensive than a group order via shipping) So if there's any big tanks with some fun plants that might be able to get a bunch of stuff together from different "tank types" (mostly low-mid on the lighting/care side) we would be most appreciative! And let us know how much you want for them and we'll work something out.

Thanks a ton. Your extras will go a long way towards dragging some of the guys over here to the *green* side?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I guess what I wrote was kind of obvious. Didn't mean to seem like it was insulting anyone's intelligence.
Good luck with the mass green conversion! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well

I have plenty of narrow leaf Java fern to unload and one tiger lotus........ All u guys have to do is just pay the shipping. Quickly before it gets tooo cold to ship out of California

Later!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't mean to seem like it was insulting anyone's intelligence.
None taken! :D Your suggestion is well warranted as sometimes I get tunnel vision.

Jargon is actually planning on an order from one of the online sellers, and the rest of us will all probably go in on that one as well and help with shipping. I know there are several plants I haven't seen on APC in sufficient quantity to please me. However, I would like to give some chance to other members first.

Engold, that is a very generous offer. Look for a PM in the next couple days.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check PMs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.