Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a new member to this wonderful APC and I was wondering how some of the members of APC keep their CRS? I am new to CRS and seem to be struggling with the survival of baby CRS. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, Henry

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
What is your parameters: pH, KH, GH?
Is the new water for change same temperature?
Hey,

ph is around 6.8, kh 3, gh 6...I used aged water w/ the similar temp. I think it may be fluctuation of the ph. I used tap water and the ph is around 7.2 ...that may be the ph up a little when I do a w/c. Im still deciding whether to use Ro water or not?...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had aproblem keeping those little guys alive too and I thought about all of the money I was losing so I decided to throw a ton of money at the problem. To control the ph I bought ADA Amazonia II substrate which took my ph from 7.4 to 6.8. To keep an eye on it I bought a ph controller. Lost a bunch due to a malfunction on the timer for my CO2 which caused my ph to crash. My water temp was always high so I bought a chiller to keep it in the mid 70s. I also bought a RO/DI to deal with the other water issues. This also helped to bring my ph down. My co2 system also helps to keep it down. So, about $800 later, my baby CRS are doing well. From the 10 I originally purchased from a member here about 9 months ago I now have around 60.

I am sure that there are cheaper ways to deal with all of the issues associated with keeping CRS but this is the method that I used and it has worked for me.
wow u went all out w/ the co2 system and chiller...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes its a CRS tank only and I dont' use excel or CO2. Just a reg. old low light planted tank....I wouldn't even dare to go 20percent w/c..could that be the problem...i usually do 10%weekly w/ aged tap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.