Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my master test kit in the mail yesterday and yes you know it I went right away and tested my water.

Here are the readings:
p.H: 6.8
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0

I believe I am suppose to have at least 5-10ppm of nitrite?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah sorry, I get those mixed around a lot. Would Flourish nitrogen work? I have flourish excel and it's basically a secondary if my DIY C02 doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The problem with using Flourish Nitrogen or any commercial fert for dosing macros is that they require you to dose a whole lot of it to reach your desired range. Try KNO3 from Greg Watson, it's going to save you a lot of money and while dosing NO3 you are also dosing K, too.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah greg is gone for the week but hes goingt to be back on tuesday. He has a lot of micro and macro nutrients that I will probably buy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you want to get KNO3 right away you can use Greenlight stump remover which I found at Lowes. It is reported to be pure KNO3.I have been using it with no problems. Any one else using this?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never heard of it, i'll stick with the dry ferts from greg watson. It shouldn't be too long before I get the chance to buy them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Green light is a dry powder. I used Greg for my other products. I would find some small storage containers you can use, because he ships his stuff in quart size plastic bags. He is very quick on shipping,and I will use him again.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Phillyman said:
If you want to get KNO3 right away you can use Greenlight stump remover which I found at Lowes. It is reported to be pure KNO3.I have been using it with no problems. Any one else using this?
I have been for a year and a half now, and still on the same bottle with four tanks. It is pure potassium nitrate & works very well, no complaints here.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Greg watson is back today, will contact him shortly for the macro and micro nutrients. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are the powdered fertilizers I am going to buy from Greg Watson.

- 1lb. Plantex CSM + B
- 1lb. KN03 Potassium Nitrate
- 1lb. KH2P04 Mono Potassium Phosphate

Probably will dose 1/2 teaspoon of each.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts