Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents bought a water purifying system today and I wasnt around to tell the salesman to get out :( My question is, will a water purifier totally screw with me, my plants and my fish? If so, is there anything I can do to make my conditions normal? It is to be linked directly into our main line, so the purified water will flow from every sink. No more well water for me :(

Thanks

Otis

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
What kind of water purifier is it? How does it work? I have a paper filter on my well water, but only to catch sand and debris which I unfortunately have. If it is a paper filter, it won't do much. If it is carbon, then you might just have to up your ferts a bit. If it adds chemicals, well then I don't know...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a purifier called RainSoft. I think it uses some kind of salts to clear the water? Is that considered a chemical? Also, he said it would remove stuff like magnesium and it would be neutral ph.

Thanks

Otis

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Hmm...maybe you can get the model number or something off the unit itself and look online to see what type of filtering it actually does. Either that or call the company who installed it and ask them for specifics.

·
Registered
581 Posts
There should be a plumbing line before the purifer that isn't filtered. Like the line that goes to a garden hose. It wouldn't be heated though. If not you or a plumber could put one in.
Steve

·
Registered
925 Posts
Rainsoft makes many types of filtration systems. Would need more info to help you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.