Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about three portions of moss approx the same size as in the picture. It was sold to me as weeping moss. It grows pretty quick and has a nice dark green color. Open to trades or will sell outright. Pm me if interested. I'm looking for some HC but open to anything interesting!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I"m not sure myself! It was sold to me as "weeping" moss thats all I can tell you. It looks allot different then Java moss thats for sure. It has to be tied down as it will not attach like Java. The fronds are triangular shaped and will grow out and then cascade down. Thats about all I can tell you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
im interested. how much are you asking? also, if it doesnt attach like java and you need to tie it down doesnt that detract from the beauty of the plant?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$10 a portion shipping included. I need to ship by Tuesday so let me know if you want some. Thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
That looks similar to erect moss?! If it grows straight up to the top, then definitely its erect moss.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't think we can accurately determine what kind of moss it is just by looking at the picture. The same moss can grow quite differently in different tank conditions. Case in point, I got weeping moss from another hobbiest. It displays nice weeping effect in my tank, while it grows in all kinds of directions in his tank. He just could not achieve that weeping effect. I have also seen pictures of Singapore moss that look like totally different mosses in different tanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What ever kind it is its all gone for now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
depthc said:
Here is a pretty good article on mossess ... http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/plants/Leong_Mosses.html

I may be interested if my bid on some taiwan moss doesnt come out the winning bid. Pricing please, i really dont have anything intriguing for trade.

Andrew
Hi all, I'm new here today. Thanks for that article link, it's VERY interesting. I'll hopefully have some Java moss of my own today or tomorrow if priority mail works as good as it normally does for me....

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
SnyperP said:
http://www.killies.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

Killies.com has some great info on mosses. Some of the new found mosses are there as well.
Thanks for that. Well, priority mail DOES works as well as I hoped, my Java moss came today! 3 tennis ball sized clumps. Looks o.k., dark green. Immediately placed it in room temp. water (70 degrees F). Aquariumplants.com is where I got it from, fast service!

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.