Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
7,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We are very pleased to have Diana Walstad as a new moderator. Her expertise is much valued and she has been super helpful to many here already. I'm sure many of you are familiar with her book the many threads inspired by it.

Thank you, Diana, for agreeing to be part of our team!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congratulations Diana!

·
Banned
135 Posts
Really? Very good. I still remember my 1970's effort with a five gallon with garden soil substrate,Lily,and Betta by a window. To this day as you all might have seen.. I still have a tank by a window. I love the sunlight. Why so manY with Sunrooms,Skylights,Greenhouses..wont use them for aquariums has always been a mystery to me. I see mega dollar tanks..using thousand of dollars on artificial lighting..its just makes me wonder why never go as natural as possible?
As a matter of fact I came close to putting my 240 gallon outdoors and put a lean to greenhouse over it...but the cost of heating just gets too much even near San Francisco Bay for a good 5 months of the year.
Welcome. I know after working with natural sciences there is a blend..an art and science of aquarium that's more than dark rooms.
Imagine a large aquarium that makes rotifers in some nursery part of the tank...lol.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
WOOO DIANA the diana walstad, walstad method. :O congrats !! AWESOME !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow! What a honour to have Diana Walstad as one of the APC Moderators! I feel privileged to be an APC member. :rolleyes:

Yorkie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts