Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got off a red eye flight and can barely see straight.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to your private messages and delete all your sent PMs. Sorry but the import script brings all the ones you thought you deleted.

2. Test out the site and tell me what's wrong, feedback, etc. in the Suggestions forum.

3. Have PATIENCE. Over the next couple of days, all of the old functionality and features we had in the old site will be operational.

Lastly, I apologize for the inordinate amount of time we were down. I needed to close the old board, then import the database into the new system and make sure everything was OK. The import script malfunctioned twice and the last time corrupted the database.

I was in San Francisco so I was working remotely. There were only some things I could do. Fortunately, certain people were able to help to resolve the issues.

Finally, when everything was done, the host network went down for most of yesterday. VERY frustrating experience but I'm glad we're live and on the new system.

Thank you!

Art

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Great to see it back and the new form coming along. Some items I've noticed.

Browsers tested in Safari, IE, Firefox

Mac OS 10.3.7

All these are browser independent

1. Header is huge, each of the buttons listed on the left side has a blue line going across the screen

2. Calander and APC Features buttons are right next to each other, while all oters are vertical

Browser Specific Issues

Safari

Reply to thread Icon box on right side extends past borders and all icons are seen

IE

Same Icon Box extends past broders and is cut off

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gnatster said:
1. Header is huge, each of the buttons listed on the left side has a blue line going across the screen

2. Calander and APC Features buttons are right next to each other, while all oters are vertical
Nathan,

I don't see this using Internet Explorer 6.0.29.

gnatster said:
IE

Same Icon Box extends past broders and is cut off
Again, I don't see this. What resolution are you using?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Art,

Resolution is 1240x768

I have screen caps of what I see but being on a dang Mac it saves them as .pdf's and I do not have the tools at hand to change to a .pjg. Be happy to send them to you, just let me know where.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Art, great work :) Sorry you had such a hard time of it. I know how hard it can be migrating a DB to a new format, I do it for a living. If you ever have any DB trouble, I would be more than willing to lend any help I can, just let me know. Love the new look :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
travis said:
Art, great work :) Sorry you had such a hard time of it. I know how hard it can be migrating a DB to a new format, I do it for a living. If you ever have any DB trouble, I would be more than willing to lend any help I can, just let me know. Love the new look :)
Thank you travis. I will.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hate to say this... But I dont like it..

I much preffer the old site, far and above this.

I still dont understand the reasons for dumping all the work etc on the old.

The colors are just... Odd.. They hurt my eyes lol.. There is no chat page yet {Ive been using the chat alot, and the regulars are not there :( }

There is much space lost in the verticial collums on the sides also, and the front initial page with a forums listing is much longer and more complicated and harder to navigate.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts