Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Well I currently have a 90 gallon tank and I`m having a really hard time finding lights that are going to allow me to grow carpet plants. I was looking at the AHS 4X55 watts. I was just expressing some concerns about not having enough WPG. That would give me 2.4 WPG. I was just wondering if that would be enough or should I get a different type of lighting altogether? Well I`m open to any suggestions and would really appreciate some.

For those of you who have experience with 24 inch deep tanks, what gave you the most success? Just wondering!

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all!

Well I currently have a 90 gallon tank and I`m having a really hard time finding lights that are going to allow me to grow carpet plants. I was looking at the AHS 4X55 watts. I was just expressing some concerns about not having enough WPG. That would give me 2.4 WPG. I was just wondering if that would be enough or should I get a different type of lighting altogether? Well I`m open to any suggestions and would really appreciate some.

For those of you who have experience with 24 inch deep tanks, what gave you the most success? Just wondering!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
WPG rule isn't as useful when you're talking about large tanks or very small tanks. For the exact reason, you can go in the look archives of this forum or APC, or Rex Grigg's page. Very succinct and straight to the point. But in your case, you have a large tank; very large. With that amount of lighting, especially with AHS reflectors, you will be fine. Good luck and hope to see your tank soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts